l Registration of Marriage ♥ Saturday ♥ 10-10-09 ♥ 19:00 l Bride Reception ♥ Sunday ♥ 13-12-09 ♥ 13:00 l Actual Day Ceremony ♥ Sunday ♥ 20-12-09 ♥ 09:00 l Groom Reception (Banquet) ♥ Sunday ♥ 20-12-09 ♥ 18:00

♥ Groom's Reception Make-up Artist

Make up artist is another person I cannot do without for my important day. I was so eager in looking for a make up artist for myself that I kept myself so busy comparing the availaible MUA in the market.

My IL's keep asking me to do the make-up for myself since I know how... but I insist to engage a MUA for myself on my AD, it's because I'm afraid I might gets too anxious to do the make up and hair for myself. Furthermore, doing own hairstyling can be a hassle. Lastly, I wanna my mom, my IL, and my bridesmaid to be dolled up prettily too, hence if I were to do my own make up, I wont have so much time for the others anymore.

Upon my list of MUA, I'd shorlisted 3 (considerable in skill and price).
  1. Cathy is the first MUA I'd trial with and I had high hopes on her. Upon arrival at her house at Putra Height, I was brought into a room by Cathy where my make up trial will be carry out. I was shown a few magazines and Cathy ask me what's my favorite look I would like to have.
    .
    I show her one sample of my favorite look (make-up and hair) and upon discussion, she started her make up magic. I noticed that Cathy's using a lot of Majorlica's products. The trial lasted about 2 1/2 hour. I had few comment on Cathy's make up for my eye shadow and we made some amendment on that. Still, the overall look wasn't really satisfactory to me.
    .
    All and all, I think the make up makes me looks out of place. The eye's small and it looks sepet, the eyebrow looks like Shin Chan!! Cathy put on double layer of fake eyelashes on me, it makes my eye feel so tired and heavy and the effect is not desireable. I only use one layer of thick eyelashes on my own make up and the effect's much much better than that.
    .
    For hairstyling, Cathy tried two style for me, one, a very very short hair + a diamond crown above the fringe (Alex dun like it at all, me too!), another 1 is using my real hair, curl it and tie up half of it. It's a simple hairstyle and the hair cant even kept in place. Cathy told me that during trial, she wont tie it properly, during my AD it wont be like that (shouldn't u put in more effort during trial to reassure ur client?).
    .
    After the trial, I went to dinner with Frankie @ First Station, Taipan. After dinner and bits of chit chat, I headed home to let Alex see the overall results. Alex dun like it at all and ask me to go wash my face.. LOL~ When I'm about to wash my face, I noticed that the make up had started to melt and my face's very oily. How can the make up withstand hours in the morning till noon when it cant even withstand a 3 hour at night? OMG~~
    .
  2. Overall, I do not like it and hence, I proceed to the other MUA, Ms. Evan Ng. Evan is a friendly MUA and she could do the trial at the comfort of my home. So happy cuz I do not need to travel and look for the MUA place ^^ As usual, we did some short discussion before we started the trial. I told Evan that I prefer smokey eyes look and wants my dinner make up to look extra stunning. She did one day look and one night look on each side of my face.
    .
    Here's what she's offering:-
    Wedding Day & Evening (RM880)
    ~ included travel fees to Tampin, N9
    Day Makeup : 1 makeup, 1 hairdo, 1 pair eyelashes, 1 ampoulse, 1 Day Hair accessories, body shimmer lotion
    Evening makeup : 2 makeup, 2 hairdo, 1 pair special thick eyelashes (if u wan), 1 ampoulse, 2 Evening hair accessories, body shimmer lotion
    ** FREE 1 SET OF FALSE NAIL ART
    .
    I like Evan's make up, minimum comment as she simply knew what I want~~ I confirmed her services immediately! On the latter part, we discussed a bit on the night make up. As I'll be having two make up and hairstyle, we discussed on the details of it. Everything needs to be re-confirmed upon my collection of my WG and EG. I never proceed to the last MUA trial's.
    .
  3. OMG~~ I had a change of mind after my PS! My ps MUA, Yen Roo's so good in her make up that she makes me so satisfy with her overall services that I'd decided to engage her as my MUA. I cant made up my mind though as Yen Roo's charging much higher than Evan's... thus I consult Alex :P... Upon his encouragement, thus, I'd engaged Yen Roo from Love Vision Studio to be my AD and groom reception's MUA.
    .

Formy R.O.M and 2nd PS, I will be doing my own make up instead of engaging any MUS to do the work. Hope my skill wont dissappoint me :P

Whilst for bride reception, I'm gonna engage another BS in Penang for make up. I'd went around looking for few BS to do the work, but had yet to decide on which I like.
.
- the end -

0 comments

Make A Comment
 

We Got Married Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com